“You are good. But it is not enough just to be good. You must be good for something. You must contribute good to the world. The world must be a better place for your presence.
And the good that is in you must be spread to others.”
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sneak preview to week 2: Why we practice medicine

The first thing the head of the biochemistry course told us today: " My grandfather was raised on a farm, and was the first doctor in my family. Do you know why he went into medicine? He told me, 'It's better to look at a human's ass than a horses ass.' So you see, you guys are in a great field."

2 comments:

  1. I think I'd rather look in a horse's...I don't want to know that much about myself. Thank goodness I went to vet school instead. Oh wait...no vet school, but I do love "All Creatures Great and Small."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I agree with Kate. I don't want to know but I DO want a doctor who knows..

    ReplyDelete